Take a look at our most read and shared blog posts from April 2021.
Much has been said about how important version control is when working in application development. And certainly, I am not going to subtract anything, rather on the contrary, I am going to provide a new source to control as the adoption of good DevOps practices. In this case, I am going to refer to the yaml files.
This type of file is especially relevant in the creation of Azure DevOps pipelines. When we are faced with the creation of a new deployment pipeline, we have the option of doing it in a visual way, selecting the parts or elements that help us in the task or also, we have the possibility of using an .yml file, whatever that allows us to go a little faster and even reuse part of the previously implemented code.
Is the end coming for cloud? Are we changing our view on centralized big-tech cloud computing in favour of decentralized, edge or bare metal?
Yes and No
Read this post to find out the five signs I think ‘the cloud’ is not the de facto target state for future workloads.
Many organizations are building or migrating towards a more distributed architecture. The advancements in cloud computing and container orchestration of the last few years have accelerated the development of microservices at scale. Such a microservices architecture brings many benefits for scalability and business agility. There is however, a price to pay, for using a microservices architecture. One of the biggest challenges to overcome is the extra complexity in both infrastructure and application logic.
A typical efficient CIE session relies on 5 points
- From 5 to 15 individuals, typically CxOs or line of business decision makers at the organization
- Taking place outside customer’s premises. Ideally at Microsoft’s place or a Gold partner’s (like Sogeti)
- A ready-to-go Microsoft virtual environment
- Individual account and individual virtual machine for each one
- With full-features and already online populated environment
- Scenarios to play on and collaborate using all the recent Microsoft products
- Environment and scenarios customized with content for one of 7 different industries
- Financial Services
- A great participation of each attendee by using the tools with no limit nor risks
In this article I will show how to create a simple serverless Api based on Azure Functions and Azure Table Storage. This is 3 parts guide. In Part 1 I will concentrate on local development.