Technology is impacting the way we behave. It’s about the way we communicate, the way we make decisions, the news we read, how we do business. Our smartphone is an extension of our body and our minds. We use it as a tool to speak, listen, look, think and decide. It is not so much about technology, it is all about human behavior. We see the digital world and the natural world becoming more and more entwined. The same should happen with experts in different disciplines. The questions which arise in current society, related to usage of technology, are very diverse:
- what does the usage of smartphones mean for our physical and psychological well-being?
- what will the impact on our democracy be when we all live in our own bubble where we only read news which confirms our opinions?
- what kind of ethics should be implemented in artificial Intelligence software and how do we govern that?
- how do we keep our lives meaningful when robots take our jobs?
- how will we feel and behave when camera’s and microphones are open always and everywhere?
- what is the impact on our communication when we are never sure if we are talking to a human, a robot or something in-between?