1) Executive Summary
Microsoft 365 has emerged as one of the leading SaaS-based solutions offering platforms with 95% of future 500 organizations. Over the years the product has gone through iterative releases, bug fixes, performance improvements, security updates, compliance, trust certifications, etc.
Microsoft 365 is a Pay as you go model platform. Many small, medium enterprises to large organizations have invested for licensed users (seats) based on their organizational capacity and requirements.
2) Technology Paradigm Shift
The figure above shows the Microsoft technology Paradigm shift from the legacy environment of the On-Premises version to the Cloud-based Microsoft 365 platform.
- Increased Productivity – All the applications are available on smart devices and desktop / laptop-compatible views, which can be accessed from anywhere and from any device.
- Collaboration – Collaboration tools for personal, teams, and organization-wide updates with role-based access are provided in the platform.
- Process Automation – New applications can be created, transformed from legacy applications to new Power Platform solutions with workflows and process automation. Dynamics 365 service provides solution offerings for ERP solutions.
- Dashboards – Power BI provides a visual landscape to address the reporting demands of the organization.
- Security Control – Role-based access with multifactor authentication.
3) Customer Requirements and our Solutions
About Nilesh Gupte
Nilesh is a Senior Manager in Sogeti India, Microsoft Practice. He serves as SharePoint Architect. He has helped clients to digitize their workplace and has participated in Discovery analysis, migration, custom development, designing and architecting projects in the Collaboration domain.
More on Nilesh Gupte.