When will the Internet change our cities like it changed our lives? In the final Things report SMACT and the City we now take the city as the center of Things. The convergence of bricks and clicks The report shows how the five basic SMACT technologies are moving the creation of 21st century urban environments into top gear. We provide a status update on Smart Cities today and how developments like Senseable Cities and Cities as a Platform provide both new dynamics and opportunities for blending the digital and the physical infrastructure of our world together. The report provides a analysis of how this is already becoming a reality for retailers and presents what companies and organisations of all trades could learn from the accelerating convergence of bricks and clicks. From the report:
- The Internet of Things will change our cities.
- The five basic technologies that form SMACT are moving urban development into top gear.
- The digital architecture of the city is becoming a true development platform.
- SMACT will transform the city into a platform to blend bricks and clicks seamlessly together.
- The future of cities is about: platform solutions, pervasive applications, and sensible sensing technologies.
- City as a Platform equals the infrastructural capacity plus the human dimension, the empowerment of behavior through data and applications.