Attended Bots – How to run without Orchestrator
Attended bots are useful when the entire end-to-end process can’t be automated, typically targeted toward front-office activities. RPA bots can work alongside humans to deliver attended automation. Attended Robots can be used with Orchestrator to perform automation. Orchestrator in UiPath, is the triggering point to execute the attended bots.
In this article, I am going to talk about how to run the attended bot without orchestrator and can still be triggered by system-level events that can give and take data to and from human workers.
Use Cases of an Attended Bot
1. Attended, Interval: Robot takeover
Employees from financial services companies can start an attended bot on-demand. For example, the robot takes over to import the data, manipulate it, verify it, and then submit the data for further analysis and discussion. Employees can offload repetitive, monotonous, laborious and time-consuming tasks to attended robots to complete. The bots can reduce handling time and ensuring each report is 100% accurate.
2. Attended, In Tandem: Working alongside the robot
A call center agent can get help from an attended RPA bot in near real-time during a live customer call. For example, the attended bot can find customer data from one application and automatically type it into a second application. This way, the call center agent spends less time switching between applications and can focus on high-value tasks such as solving the customer’s problem.
How to run attended bot
Method 1: from the robot tray
1. Create a project in UiPath studio.
2. Publish the project to a directory of choice.
3. Copy the .nupkg package to the robot machine in the default package directory (in my case that’s in C:\ProgramData\UiPath\Packages). Please check your path.
4. After this, you should see the project in your robot (tray). You might have to update the package.
5. When hovering over the package there will be a play button. press it to start the process
Notes: when updating the process (step1 to 3) you might have to update the package. You don’t have to worry about version numbers though. The robot will take care of that for you.
Method 2: command line .nupkg package
Run the package from the command line. You could also create a .bat file for it which you can start from your desktop. You have to find the directory where the UiRobot.exe is located
cd C:\Users\siddhsaw\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-18.4.2 UiRobot.exe -file
Method 3: command line xaml file
- Save the project in UiPath studio.
- Copy the xaml file to a location of choice in the robot machine. You don’t have to actually paste the xaml
file in the package directory. You can choose any location.
- Run the project from commandline (the same way as the nupkg package).
About Sogeti Labs
SogetiLabs gathers distinguished technology leaders from around the Sogeti world. It is an initiative explaining not how IT works, but what IT means for business.
Can ｙou tell us more about this? I’d want to find out ѕome additional information.
It’s an ɑwesome piece of writing in sսpport of all thе web viewers; they will obtain aɗvantage from it I am sure.
Ϝor latest news you have to visit wеƄ and on the weƅ I
found this weƄsite aѕ a most excellent web site for hottest updаtes.