Since 2005, when the ‘Big Data’ concept was launched, Big Data has become an increasingly topical subject with key relevance for all other Business & Customer Technology fields from analytics, mobile and social to cloud. In terms of technology development and business adoption, the Big Data field has undergone extremely rapid changes, and that is an understatement.
With their four Big Data reports, VINT aims to create clarity in the field of emerging Big Data practices by presenting experiences and visions in perspective: independently, and furnished with appropriate examples.
Business takeaways from the Big Data reports
- In this age of Big Data, Business Intelligence (BI) development is progressing toward Total Data Analytics and Total Data Management.
- Organizations that integrate diverse new information types and sources into a coherent information management infrastructure will outperform others.
- The accent is increasingly being placed on data and algorithms rather than on models.
- Modern Social Analytics enables organizations to understand the rhythms of human activity, to attach predictions to them, and to plan and implement corresponding actions.
- The possibilities of personalization and hypertargeting are steadily increasing, and the Big Social solutions toolbox is bursting at the seams
- Privacy by Design, Privacy-Enhancing Technologies and legislation are key to make Big Data efforts profitable (without harming the trust of customers).
- Privacy by design should be part of your big data-strategy
- Big Data is your new colleague
- Big Data is about “magic moments” and performance
- New rules focus on business tranformation, technological improvements and new ways of discovering data
Book: No More Secrets with Big Data Analytics
No more Secrets provides the basis for updating or refining your understanding of Big Data Analytics and for exploring new ground. The first part sheds light on the Big Data phenomenon in general. Part 2 presents ample suggestions for determining your specific Big Data potential. These you can readily apply to gain insight in what exactly makes your customers tick using social data, the topic of part 3. The triad of privacy, technology and the law concludes the book.
Transformative Big Data initiatives begin with “magic moments”: by choosing a domain in which your organization wishes to excel, while taking into account the risks and side effects. Performance Big Data initiatives are directed to existing projects with the aim of improving the performance. With No More Secrets with Big Data Analytics VINT aims to create clarity by putting experience and vision in perspective: independent and supported by examples.
Report 4: Your Big Data Potential: The Art of the Possible
Everyone wants a piece of the Big Data revolution, inspired by cases and applications. The fourth report by VINT deals with the technical and organizational implications that companies need to deal with to unlock their big data potential.
The report offers a checklist of twenty questions, that answer whether or not you are properly situated to tap into the Big Data potential, and of where the possible challenges may lie. The new rules focus on business tranformation, technological improvements and new ways of discovering data.
Report 3: Privacy, Technology and the law
The same tools that drive organizations towards data driven business and have a high impact on marketing, process optimizing and maybe even predicting the future of products with predictive analytics, also raise concerns about new privacy intrusive technological possibilities such as re-identification, ubiquitous monitoring and thorough risk analyses on an individual level.
Organizations and their customers need to find a healthy balance that suits both parties. In this report VINT presents Privacy by Design, Privacy-Enhancing Technologies and legislation as the winning strategy to make Big Data efforts profitable without harming the trust of customers.
Report 2 – Big Social: Predicting Behavior with Big Data
The concrete adoption and plans of organizations are currently and primarily oriented toward the theme of Big Social: basically the customer side, particularly inspired by the social network activity of Web 2.0. Our second Big Data research report deals with this field.
Big Social, offers a multi-faceted orientation into next-generation Social Analytics and Social Media. The report will provide you with insights on the predictability of consumer behavior and will assist you in your own judgement by presenting the rapid developments, the analysis of available tools, best practices and inspiring cases.
Report 1 – Creating Clarity with Big Data
In our initial research report on Big Data, the first of four, we give answers to questions concerning what exactly Big Data is, where it differs from existing data classification, how the transformative potential of Big Data can be estimated, and what the current situation is with regard to adoption and planning. VINT attempts to create clarity in these developments by presenting experiences and visions in perspective: objectively and laced with examples.